Thursday, January 04, 2007

Christmas Gifts ... continued

I know it's already 2007 but as I promised, I'm highlighting some Christmas gifts we received. From Yi & Brenda (their claim to fame is the Calphalon set) their children (my cousins) and my grandparents we got ...



(from top left: set of pint glasses, bread warmer basket, serving fork, slotted serving spoon, Silpat baking sheet, and a combo cake dome)

I have yet to completely unpack all of it because I will have to do some rearranging to fit everything in our apartment and will undoubtedly have to have a conversation with Nick about keeping some of his pint glasses from his bachelor days. Why is it so hard for men to let go of their bachelor-days-stuff? I don't think, in Nick's case, it's nostalgia but the fact that he actually thinks that the stuff is nice when I think it's sorta "ghetto".

Nick got very excited about the bread warmer - I think I can use it tonight for dinner, now just to choose a dinner menu that can incorporate warm bread... Also exciting to Nick, was the cake dome because there's a few dome/pedestal combinations to be had. When I confirmed that the dome had many possibilities Nick said, "Let's make it a fruit bowl." Adorable.

No comments: