Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Christmas Gifts - Part III

I think this may be the final segment on Christmas gifts because ... well Christmas is old news and it's almost Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Since I've been doing a lot of wedding posts on the blog these two gifts are wedding related ...



The first ...


a Frommers guide for Hawaii, the 2007 version! This will come in very handy because we have yet to figure out what we want to see and do while on our honeymoon. Thanks (Nick's) mom and Mandy!

Also from Nick's mom is the handy Martha Stewart Homekeeping Handbook. This is thing is HUGE and heavy. Did I ever tell you I just love Martha? In December 2005, I went with Brenda and her mom to see Martha Stewart's show. It was so much fun!

Anyhow, I've had a chance to flip through this home bible and it will come in quite handy once I've trained myself to reference it. I did learn that it is not recommended that one cut on any type of counter top, not even marble or granite. The reasoning, a logical one at that, is that all counter tops have a finish (yes even marble and granite) and cutting on the counter top would mar the finish causing visible marks and/or compromise the material. Martha, you're so smart.

No comments: