Friday, January 05, 2007

Digicam Obsessed

I love technology but right now I am obsessed with the latest and greatest in digital photography. I think most of the obsession is due to the fact that we're getting married and photos are going to be a big expense but will be the one thing that captures our wedding and the memories we'll have. That and we're going to be in Hawaii for 2 1/2 weeks ...

So the digital camera that's caught our eye is the Olympus Stylus 720 SW , the most amazing feature that completely blows my mind away is the fact that its waterproof. Yes, this digital camera is waterproof! Does it look waterproof to you?

The camera has some crazy built-in seals for underwater that allows it to go up to 10 feet under water for up to an hour. In addition to being waterproof this baby has built-in image stabilization and capable of taking pictures up to 7.1 mega pixels - that's great for when you want to take a picture and blow it up to proportions so gigantic it could be a billboard ... okay I'm kidding, just a little.

I think this is a pretty sweet camera with all its whistles and bells but I'm not sold. I am a die hard Canon digicam lover, I've had two Canons and love not only the quality of the product but also how their menus are setup on their devices. So straightforward you don't even need their user manual. I just don't get Olympus products, I know they are good products, but I have never had so much trouble working anything as I do when my hands are on an Olympus camera. I just feel that their menus, button placement and button functions are just not well thought out nor logical and sadly, in my opinion, this camera is no better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jen,

That camera rocks. My friend Gina has it an absolutely loves it. She took it surfing. The pictures came out amazing.

Diane