Monday, January 15, 2007

Veils make me crazy!

I finally found the veil that I want. I came across this picture in one of my bridal magazines and this is the exact look I want. What's the problem? The picture is from Mon Atelier a California bridal shop and after searching on the site there's a similar photo but no information on dresses or veils. Boohoo! So now I need to put on my Nancy Drew cap and figure some of this out on my own ...
  1. this is a drop veil
  2. doesn't seem to have a finished edge
  3. long ... cathedral length - might be too long for my 5'2" frame
  4. made of tulle
  5. front hits just below the hips (must measure myself)
  6. side hits at the knee (must measure)

This veil is definitely a round shape (circle or oval) and certainly not square.

How should I secure the veil to my head? I have a feeling if I don't secure it with something it'll fly off my head at the worst possible moment ... imagine me in my dress trying to run in sand to chase it. The image in my head is funny now but it won't be on May 24th.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have you been able to figure out this veil yet? Can I help?

How about fastening a comb to it and the bobbi-pinning the heck out of it?

Do you think we can make this veil?