Friday, November 17, 2006

Nittaya, Thai Restaurant

Last night Nick and I went into Hoboken to visit a friend in the hospital (get well soon, 2.0!) and on our way home we were very hungry. We were bouncing dinner ideas back and forth when I spotted a hole-in-the-wall Thai restaurant near the Lincoln Tunnel. We found parking and braved the wind and rain to try out Nittaya located in Weehawken, NJ.

We ordered our favorite dishes (me-pad see ew, Nick-pad thai) as a control to measure this newly found dining establishment. In addition, we got our favorite appetizer of fried tofu (you can't go wrong with it) and tried the curry puffs. The appetizers were fantastic. Nick decided he could live on the curry puffs for the rest of his life and I had to agree. As for the main entrees, Nick liked the pad thai, I tried it and thought it tasted like all pad thai so, yes, it was good (I'm not a big fan of pad thai). The pad see ew was average for me because I prefer it not to be spicy and it was a bit sweeter than I am used to. My favorite pad see ew (not too sweet nor spicy) can be found in Edgewater at Thai Tanee (or Thai Kitchen), which continues to be my favorite Thai restaurant.

So Nittaya gets a B on this visit (the curry puffs brought it up from a C+).

No comments: