Friday, November 10, 2006

Excited Mother-of-the-Bride

I was talking to my mom the other night about plans/ideas for the Chinese wedding banquet and whenever I started to give my input my mom would basically sush me so she could go on about all the ideas she had for the banquet. It was pretty amusing listening to how excited she got over the ideas she had for centerpieces, placecards, invitiations, favors, food, etc.


One of my suggestions for favors or just a big bowl on the table, was chocolate fortune cookies (I absolutely LOVE these), yes ... chocolate! I found Fancy Fortune Cookies online that have chocolate fortune cookies as well as other flavors and colors. They can also customize the fortune that's inside. I don't know if that's worth the money but my parents (having been in the Chinese restaurant business in the past) can totally hook me up with the chocolate fortune cookies from Chinatown NYC. I think it's a good idea because it's not too Chinese-take-out-restaurant hokey but more unique. I will definitely stay away from chopsticks (other than as a eating utensil) and take-out box type decor/favors. That would just be too much tackiness.

I'm still confused about actual favors, my dad suggested (and is rooting for) those mini-bottles of wine/champagne. Here's a mini-Moet and a shoe to show just how cute they minis are:

No comments: