Monday, November 06, 2006

Birthday Success

On Friday, the eve of Nick's birthday, we went to Blue Moon Mexican Cafe in Englewood for dinner and then, as I mentioned, to Cirque du Soleil. Definitely an eventful night.

We arrived at Cirque just in time, took our seats (I got 4th row floor seats) and marveled at the set up of the arena for the show. At the time we had no clue, but the show began with a mini-concert which caused me to almost panic because I didn't know Delirium was that musical but after 2 songs the singer, Nitza, said it was just a preshow and the real show would begin after the 15 minute intermission ... whew.

Once the real show began, Nick and I were in awe. The costumes, the lighting, the props, the talent, etc. were all absolutely amazing. I've never seen a show like this before. I think I may have fallen in love with Cirque du Soleil.

Here's a taste of Delirium from the Cirque website: I highly recommend at least seeing one Cirque du Soleil show and maybe a second for comparision. I myself am doing some searching to find the next Cirque show in my area or some place that's not too far away.

No comments: