Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Invitations for the Chinese Wedding Banquet

Growing up a Chinese American I've seen, in movies and on television as well as attended, my share of Chinese wedding banquets. Every banquet, except for one, took place in Chinatown, New York in a Chinese restaurant with gaudy red and gold decor. It is now my turn and my family's obligation to have a Chinese wedding banquet for me and my future husband.

A significant memory I have of Chinese wedding banquets are the bright red and gold invitations. Not only are they, or can be, pretty gaudy they also have a smell. I cannot really describe it ... it's not a bad scent but certainly unique, almost incense-like. Oh another thing ... the pink insert paper, it's so tacky with the red and gold invitation. So my main project is to find a Chinese banquet invitation that pleases my parents and of course can stay below the tacky factor.

These are my favorites, all from icatchingcards...

No comments: