Friday, December 01, 2006

Wedding Flowers

Unlike most girls I am not a big fan of flowers or more generally, plants. I don't take care of them very well, probably because they don't tell me when they are thirsty or in need of sun (you should see the poor bamboo plant in my office).

Anyhow, I am having a really difficult time deciding what kind of flowers I'd like for my wedding bouquet. Since we're getting married in Hawaii I don't think traditional flowers, like red roses (although in my favorite color), will work. As beautiful as they'd be I think they'd clash with the tropical surroundings and seem almost cliche. My second idea was a bouquet of plumeria but I think it might be too white/creamish.

I thought this bouquet was very pretty and definitely says tropical, but is it too tropical? I wonder how big it actually is?


This next bouquet also channels tropical but toned down tropical.


So right now those two are my favorites, partly because I can't seem to find anything else that I am in love with. I'd rather not carry a bouquet but I'd then be empty handed and do not have any other alternative to carry/hold as I walk down the aisle. Any ideas?

No comments: