Thursday, December 28, 2006

My mom always said "Aim High"

I think I am aiming pretty high when it's for the status of a trophy wife, what do you think? Ha ha, I'm totally kidding. I think this shirt is truly hilarious. I got this from Rannie, my brother's very lovely and wonderful girlfriend for Christmas. Today may be the right day to wear it around the town. :)

Wikipedia's definition of trophy wife :

Trophy wife is a highly pejorative term, usually applied to a physically attractive younger woman married to a man who has observed a high level of success, be it physical, financial, or otherwise. Usually, the Trophy Wife is not the first wife of the man who has a high level of success and has little to do with the achievement of that success. The term is often used to imply that the man's intent is to exhibit his wealth and success, the social phenomenon known as conspicuous consumption. The term "gold digger" is used to describe a woman who intentionally seeks this arrangement.

The marriage of former Playboy playmate Anna Nicole Smith to oil magnate J. Howard Marshall is an extreme example as at the time of their marriage, he was 89 years old and she was 26.


No comments: