Friday, December 01, 2006

Save The Dates

I've decided to get started on save-the-dates for the Chinese banquet. We haven't chosen a date just yet but I have already designed the STDs in my head. I think we'll have the date set before Christmas and since I have about 2 weeks off at the end of the year I will be up to my ears in wedding DIY (do-it-yourself).

The other day I ordered a double happiness rubber stamp from Paper Source. It was $6.50, not including shipping. Take a look at the two versions of the STD I have in mind ...

I'm not going have two versions but these are the two color possibilities. The left one will be rich red cardstock with the double happiness heat embossed in gold (not golden yellow) metallic color. I am not sure how I'll print the information just yet but most likely I'll go to an office supply store to have that printing done so it's even and not at the mercy of my inkjet printer. The right, yellow, version will be a golden yellow cardstock with the double happiness heat embossed in a rich red. I do not know if I should include hotel information with the STD, if so should it be on the STD itself or a seperate insert? If not included, it'll be sent out with the invitations.
What do you think?



1 comment:

Selena Kang said...

Paper Source is the best store on the face of this planet!

In regards to flowers, I was actually considering making a bouquet from the paper flowers at Paper source. Have you seen their kits?

My uncle is working on the calligraphy for our double happiness symbol! :)