Thursday, December 07, 2006

Auspicious Shmauspicious

I'm pretty sure (95%) we have a date set for the Chinese banquet, Sunday July 1st, 2007. I say 95% because my dad is handling the detail of booking the venue and I won't know it's taken care of until I hear back from him. But when I called the venue a week ago 7/1/07 was indeed available.

Why 7/1 you ask? Well that would take a lifetime to explain but basically my parents are huge believers in feng shui and luck of the like and auspicious dates is one of them. Since Nick and I are getting married on 5/24 in Kauai we wanted the banquet to take place after we return but not too far after. Between the two families (mine and Nick's) Sunday ended up being the best day of the week. Nick and I figured it was no big deal and we'd pick among 6/10, 6/17 or 6/24. Big deal it was, because not one of those Sundays was considered auspicious. Then my parents went so far as to ask us to get married on the 24th but date our marriage certificate for a different, auspicious date. NO WAY I said. So after some consideration we decided it wasn't worth the drama if their minds are set on it and it's just a party right?

No comments: