Thursday, December 28, 2006

i CAN change a tire

I've only had two cars in the 7 years that I've been driving and two flats, until today. My very first flat tire was something I didn't even notice. Mom noticed it and even changed it for me because, for some reason, I was incapable. My second flat took place at college (Rutgers) driving on Livingston campus and it was actual a double whammy because I took out both tires on the driver's side. I didn't change them either. I called my super hero brother, Frankie, who came to my rescue and all I had to do was pay for the new tires.

Today was another story. On my way to pick up our friend 2.0 and get late lunch/early dinner I ran over a softball sized rock on a main road (everyone was dodging them and well I didn't dodge so well). At first I thought, "I'm okay" then seconds later the dreaded phllt, phllt, phllt sound of rubber slapping the road. So I pulled over and changed my tire successfully. *patting myself on the back* I am damn proud of this achievement because I did it in heels, a white shirt and was missing the metal turning thing for the jack (this missing item is the used car dealer's fault and the fact that this was Zippy's first flat).

So tomorrow will be another day. I will have to get the flat fixed (thankfully it's on the treads and not on the sidewall) and I have to find one of those metal things for the jack. A slightly sucky thing is that the tires were brand spanking new just in April of this year and one's already got a boo boo. Wish me luck tomorrow.

No comments: