Monday, December 11, 2006

Wedding Photography

Aside from the memories I think wedding photography is very important in conveying the emotion and helping to 'replay' the events back in your memory. When I asked my wedding planner, Manulele, for photographers she gave me 3 recommendations. Based on our preference for digital photography we narrowed it to 2 photographers: Sara Wall and Maile Weddings.

The photojournalistic syle of photography makes me swoon. I love photojournalism because of the way it tells a story and how it can make you feel just looking at a picture. Think National Geographic and Time magazine, especially those sad children in third world countries that scream, "adopt me!" After looking at the photography on both sites I am head-over-heels in love with Sara Wall's talent. She is a bit more because of her talent but I think well worth it as the photos (and memories) will be the only tangible memories we will have. Maile Weddings has nice pictures but, to me, it seems that something is missing. I don't feel the same emotions with Maile's pictures that I do Sara's. What do you think?

Now for the teensy little problem. Sara's basic package is exactly what we're looking for (# of photos, hours of coverage, price, etc.) but the problem is that the particular package is "recommended" for couples only. There are more expensive packages that are "recommended" for larger parties; the package that's recommended for the number of guests we're having is priced at $3,000 and well it's a bit too rich for my blood. I am hoping that Sara won't have a problem with us choosing the lowest package, it does fit our needs the best and we only want the ceremony photographed and I'd like to be photographed getting ready (just love the getting-ready pictures).

I know I should tell my planner to book Sara because that's what I want but I hesitate because it's a HUGE commitment and of course there's moola to think about. Give me some more time and I'll committ... I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aloha Jenny,
Just saw the blog regarding my photography, Mahalo! I would be happy to work with you, just let me or Manulele know. I have been off island and won't be back until Christmas. I always love to work with people who get what I do. Aloha Sara