Friday, October 13, 2006

What the veil?!

Even before I got engaged I had a vision of myself in a wedding dress sans veil. Since I got engaged and told my Fiance my vision, I am now envisioning a veil. I still don't want a veil nor care very much for them but I am going with a veil because my Fiance wants to do the, as my younger brother puts it, "peek-a-boo kissy kissy thing". So I am now in search of a veil.

A little while back I posted about my wedding dress and if you noticed, the model does not have a veil and I honestly do not know if a veil will look good with the dress. What do you think?

In my head I see a veil that is really slim and kinda just hangs off my head in the back ... do you see it too? I also don't want to spend a lot of money on it. I found this company, Naugi on Weddingbee that has a Veil Assistant to help you make a customize veil. There are five steps:
  1. Color - 3 choices (i am choosing between natural white and ivory, my dress is called antique white)
  2. Edging - 8 choices (i think i'll go with a simple finished edge)
  3. Layering - 3 choices (i'm going with 2 layers so the top can flip over and cover my face)
  4. Width & Length - many combos (72 inches whide & fingertip for me)
  5. Pricing - mine came out to $65

What's the problem you ask? I don't know what the veil will look like and if my idea to do 2 layers and just flip over the top will even work. What do you think?

BTW, here's a picture that's close to what I am thinking ... keep in mind this veil is 108" wide and I configured 72", I think that should make a difference.

What did you do? Any suggestions? Recommendations?

No comments: