Monday, October 23, 2006

Ecofetti

This was too cool not to mention. I just found out about this on the fabulous weddingbee blog...

it's called ecofetti and is confetti that is enviromentally friendly because it is biodegradable. You can just leave it where it falls and let Mother Earth take care of the rest or just hose it down to make it disappear. You can get a free sample (sorta free but definitely discounted) by sending a S.A.S.E. to the company (with 2 -39 cents stamps) and they'll mail you some ecofetti to check out and play with.

I've been debating whether or not I want something tossed at me after I am married. Personally I think it's a very strange tradition and the choice of items to throw strange as well. The first, rice, I personally love rice (any carb) and think it's such a shame to throw it when I can cook it up and eat it. My other issue with rice is the fact that if it's thrown or tossed or somehow flies in your direction ... it hurts (keep in mind rice tapers to a kind of point on each end) and knowing me I'd end up with rice in my eye. The second, birdseed, not only could it hurt and end up in my eye but I have visions of birdseed being thrown and then flocks and flocks of birds descending up on the group and pecking out our eyes that are already full of birdseed. Now eye injuries and bird attacks aside, I think when the tossing is caught on film it looks so pretty... I know, I know, I don't make any sense. :)

I think I would be unscathed if we had ecofetti at our wedding. It doesn't look hard at all and in order to get it in my eye it may have to be thrown directly at my face ... what do you think? But just because I think it's cool but it doesn't mean a decision is made. A new problem arises ... the fiance HATES confetti. I know this because his sister (my MOH) used to send him cards with a little confetti surprise and it would get all over the place when he opened the card. It was funny to watch it float around after he removed the card from the envelope and then the cussing as he tried to clean up the little bits of confetti.

Ecofetti is awesome and now I must convince the Fiance that it's cool too.

No comments: