Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Five Years!!!


This past weekend the Fiance and I went back to where we met 5 years ago. Going back was definitely not romantic but more nostalgic.

So rewind about 5 years back to Sunday October 7, 2001. The setting was Union High School gym the event was a martial arts tournament. Both the Fiance and I took the same style of martial art but went to different branches (him in Northern NJ and I in Central NJ). Each year our style holds a tournament and in 2001 the Fiance attended the tournament for the first time as a spectator where I competed in a couple of events.

Well the day dragged on and at some point in the late afternoon I was either getting warmed up or had finished competing in at least one event, I sat down and ended up speaking to several people (having conversations with total strangers is very easy at the martial arts events). I speak to so many people it's hard to remember later but at one point I was speaking with the future Fiance and then he told me he was leaving so I said, "see you next year" knowing that that's when I'd probably see him again, like many other people I meet.

Unbeknownst to me the future Fiance liked me and remembered a lot of details I spoke about (most importantly my name and where I was going to college). Stalker that he was/is he looked me up at my alma mater and emailed me ... unfortunately it wasn't me. He found a Jennifer but one with a different, but similar last name and emailed her. After a few days he didn't hear from me or the other Jennifer he figured something wasn't right, so he tried finding me again. This time he looked up the correct spelling of my last name on our martial art style's website and voila, the rest is history.

So Happy-Time-We-Met-Anniversary! Our dating anniversary is coming up (Nov 9) and so is our first date anniversary (Nov 4). We don't really celebrate any of them, maybe go out to dinner and a movie and mention that it's some sort of anniversary. :)

No comments: