Thursday, October 12, 2006

Presents, presents and more presents!

Everyone loves presents. I've been to my share of showers and I knew that my day would come and there'd be a pile of glorious presents to open and coo over. Well my day is coming and I can't wait. Now the problem ... registering for gifts. I pretty much know the things that I want (mainly kitchen/cooking stuff) so I can easily pick it out and stick it on a list, but then I stare at the list and it seems (1) there's not enough stuff - since there's a rule about having various price prints for people to choose from (2) I don't know what else I would want since I can't use stuff like bedding, wine glasses, picture frames, vases, etc. right away (3) I feel weird asking for gifts.

Awhile back I spoke to the Fiance about registering and he thinks it's silly to register but is going along with it. We discussed where to register and since he's an internet guy he chose Amazon.com so I went ahead and registered for a bunch of stuff. No problem there but then I started to notice that some stuff isn't necessarily being sold by Amazon or it was and now it's sold by a 3rd party through Amazon. So freakin' annoying!!! I love Amazon but it's a bit of a put off that they switch the seller around because I'm all for their Minimum $25 order and get free super saver shipping and I figured people would benefit from that. So now I'm sort of unhappy with Amazon so I started a registry at good ol' Bed Bath and Beyond well now my dilemma is that they don't necessarily have everything that I found at Amazon so I've got some stuff at Amazon and some at BBB.

WHEN WILL THE FRUSTRATION END?!

The bonus with BBB is that they have their oh-so-wonderful coupons. My Future Father-In-Law fondly refers to me as Coupon Jen or "CJ" for short. Anyhow, the coupons from BBB can be combine in one order (one coupon per item) and they take them expired as well. They also take coupons from competitors (Macy's, Linens and Things) but I'm not sure if they take those expired or they must be currently valid. So registering with BBB is an added bonus for the gift buyers. I am a huge proponent of getting a deal and it's really the thought that counts.

Another dilemma, should I register at a 3rd store? I really don't know what the benefit will be since BBB and Amazon should have everything covered. I really don't need a 3rd unless I want to register for some really fancy stuff like formal dinnerware, formal place settings, etc. but I think that stuff we're willing to get ourselves when we have the room for it. Anything we get that can't fit will make it's home in the attic or basement of my FFIL's house and that would be just a little sad.

No comments: