Friday, October 13, 2006

Out-of-Towners

Since we're having a destination wedding in Kauai everyone will be from out-of-town (really out-of-state) and I thought it would be nice to have welcome bags for all of our guests since they'll be flying a solid 11 hours and spending quite a bit of funds to be there for us.

So far this what I have in mind for each guest, all in one of the above canvas bags that can be found here ...
  • 3 x 5 travel notebooks (bought from Old Navy for cheap, cheap, cheap!) - purchased
  • some pretty writing tool to go with the notebook
  • pack of travel tissues (6 pack for $1 from Five Below) - purchased
  • sunblock
  • lip balm with spf
  • emergency items (tylenol, ibuprofen, bandaids, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, etc.)
  • anti-bacterial hand sanitizer
  • snacks
  • disposable camera - not sure if this is necessary given we're in the age of digital cameras
  • brochures about Kauai and its activities/sites to see
I am thinking about getting these Hawaiian photo albums for everyone, but I worry about costs (to buy and ship to me) and then transporting it to Kauai with me. What do you think of the albums? Do you think I should get them? Should I get smaller, less bulky albums?

Has anyone else tried to bring things to a faraway destination? How'd you do it? Did it work out?

Any suggestions for other items to include or what not to include?

No comments: