Monday, March 05, 2007

Quickie Wedding Update

I can't believe it's been an entire week since I last blogged! My new job has at least 10 hours of my day taken up and then I barely have enough time to do wedding stuff, go to the gym, eat dinner, do house chores ... or whatever else usually fills my time.

Surprisingly I have a couple minutes before I have to head off to bed so let's go straight to the update ...
  • Nick's wedding band - ended up being a no-can-do by the local jeweler. Apparently tungsten and platinum is a royal p.i.t.a to create in general and those that will do it charge an arm and a leg.
  • Got our save-the-date magnets back from Vista Print and they are AWESOME!!! I am really pleased with the quality. I started some wedding D.I.Y. with the save-the-date mailings ... hopefully they'll be done by the weekend and in the mail.
  • Went into Chinatown and checked out some wedding invitations for the Chinese reception. I have to say that most Chinese wedding invitations are terribly gaudy and there wasn't anything I was wowed over. There were two very similar designs that go with the double happiness "theme" I'm trying to stay with and are gaudy but are way better than having gold foiled creepy little Chinese children playing with a foiled dragon and phoenix.

No comments: