Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Save-the-date DIY

As I mentioned in the Quickie Update post – I’ve been working on save-the-date DIY. It’s a terribly simple project but like any project there’s some level of coordination involved.

My supplies.

I’m starting off with a 5.5” by 4.25” piece of red card stock I bought at AC Moore (it was a full 8.5 x 11” sheet until I quartered it). Then I’m printing, with my Canon i850 printer, “Double Happiness” on one side and on the other “For now, a little something for your fridge…” and “Invitation to follow.” On the side that says “Double Happiness” I am using my double happiness stamp from Paper Source to stamp (using Versamark watercolor) the Chinese character above the words and then heat embossing it in gold.

Then on the other side, between the two phrases, I’ve adhered (using glue dots) a save-the-date magnet.

Ta da … the finished product, both sides.


I made some MAJOR progress tonight. I've finished making all 100 save-the-dates! The last save-the-date project item are the cards/inserts that will have hotel and other travel information for guests from out of state and those more than 1 hour from East Brunswick NJ.

2 comments:

Amelia Plum said...

Those are such nice save the date cards! Love the red and gold and that you're even carrying out the them with the kiss stamps. I'm glad I finally got to see a picture of the magnet, very cute, vista print really did do a nice job. And I must say to your last post that going to the gym after a ten hour workday is very dedicated!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am doing something very similar with my Save the Dates. I wondered how you are able to heat emboss the stamp---and how you are able to do it in gold. Can you please give more detail? Thanks! :)