Friday, February 16, 2007

Flowers Revisited

My favorite wedding site (WeddingBee) recently posted about silk bouquets by a Canadian company, Hibiscus. The reason I am considering a silk bouquet is for the simple fact that I can keep it afterwards. It made me sad (and I'm not a flower kinda gal) to think that my bouquet wouldn't have to be left in Hawaii because (1) it wouldn't survive long enough after our wedding and honeymoon to make it back to NJ and (2) the agricultural rules are pretty tight in Hawaii for flowers/fruit coming in and out of the islands.

I've emailed the nice people at Hibiscus and it seems that my bouquet is very doable but the silk cymbidium orchids are either a tad lighter or darker than the pic I referenced. These are the darker ones ...I'm not sure if I like the darker ones but the lighter ones won't be available until April - so what do I do? I've asked if I can buy a sample of each flower - 1 darker cymbidium and 1 burgundy calla to see what it looks like in person because it all depends on lighting.

Another minor issue causing me to lean towards silk is the sample bouquet that the Hawaiian florist gave my planner is apparently sub par. My planner, Manulele, is not to thrilled and is going to have them try again. Wish me luck either way.

2 comments:

Amelia Plum said...

I think your idea to get samples of each silk flower is a good one, then you'll know whether you should wait until April for the lighter ones. Fortunately you have a few options... wait for the samples and see how the redo of your bouquet from the Hawaiian florist goes. I'm sure you'll decide on what's best and it sounds like you'll have help with your planner steering you in the right direction as well.

The tutus look wonderful, so cute and don't worry those leotards stretch pretty well.

I looked at your fiance's blog and the bit he had posted of Ricky Gervais on the Bible was hysterical. My husband found that clip pretty funny too.

take care

katie o. said...

Jenny,
I love the idea of the silk flower bouquet. Very, very cool. My own bouquet started to look wilty after walking down the aisle. The flowers in teh picture are very glam. Planning a wedding can be a lot of fun, can't it?