Monday, February 26, 2007

Wedding Jewelry

When I first decided on my wedding dress I thought I knew what I wanted in terms of jewelry and the goal was to prudent with my money. I found these necklaces at Forever 21 and bought them (average $5 each) in multiples in case I’d have to do some modifications. Months have passed since I got them and threw them in the “wedding stuff” bin and forgot about them. Thinking back I don’t think they are exactly what I am looking for in terms of wedding jewelry.

Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about jewelry to go with my wedding dress and I’m sure about earrings (most likely pearl studs) but I have no clue what to do about a necklace. I think my dress would lend itself nicely to a necklace (like in the Nicole Miller add for the dress – see old post) but I’m super picky and have one bitty requirement – the necklace has to be gold toned or have gold tones with other tones. Why gold? Well because I got shoes that are gold toned … does that make any sense at all? I am HUGE on being matchy matchy and it’s a good thing … to a fault.

I’ve found some possible candidates just perusing my very favorite fashion mag – InStyle.

What do you think? My favorites have to be the earrings that can do double duty – wedding day necklace and then earrings later but I’d have to get a gold chain to pull off the modification. I don’t want to spend a ton of money on jewelry but I think that I should get quality jewelry for my wedding especially when fake gold jewelry can sometimes look cheap.

3 comments:

Amelia Plum said...

Being matchy matchy is a very good thing, so your requirement that the necklaces be gold makes absolute sense. Those earrings are beautiful and that's a great idea about modifying one for the wedding into a necklace - very easy to do with a pair of needle nose pliers, I make jewelry in my down time. You should definitely go for real gold over costume jewelry, you don't need to brake the bank doing it and it's your wedding day!

jennypah said...

Amelia - I knew you were fabulous! Thanks for the support on the jewelry - now dig around and try to acquire the earrings! I do love them so much! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank u for the great article for sure it will be of help to all the women who wanted to become a bride and to all men who wished to become a groom too.

It would also be best if you prepare yourself to be relax and be more beautiful.

http://landscapingoneshome.blogspot.com>
q