Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Newest Episode of Tocci's Animal Planet

This wildlife stuff doesn't stop!

This morning I went to Target and made a wrong turn and what's on the side of the road but ANOTHER vulture! It was just one but s/he was hanging out eating some dead animal on the side of the road. I also found out that I wasn't entirely wrong when I called the vulture a turkey ... they're actually turkey vultures. (Thanks Aunt Bev and Uncle John for the accurate identification of my latest wildlife fascination.)

Not to long after spotting the latest turkey vulture I almost ran over a not-so-smart squirrel trying to cross the local highway and didn't know what to do when s/he encountered the median. Thankfully I was able to safely dodge the squirrel and hope that s/he made it to where it needed to go.
The last wildlife moment occurred when Nick left for Home Depot and decided to check on our robin's eggs. The chicks have hatched and were cute and creepy at the same time.

No comments: