Friday, May 08, 2009

The Banister is Beginning!

I expected the banister installation to start tomorrow, Saturday, or on Monday. That's what Dave from the flooring company told me. Today while I was cleaning the kitchen cabinets and re-papering the shelves I hear a new truck pull in and it was the banister guy! Here's a picture of my new risers (just front with oak and framed) and the beginning of the banister.

Here's a picture of my cabinet shelves that have old as heck contact paper that just shredded itself when I pulled it up. With some elbow grease I got most of it off and put new contact paper and those foamy non-skid things on top. I've done 5 cabinets and 2 drawers so far. Measuring each drawer and cutting the paper and foamy stuff is wearing my last nerve. I feel like I am in second grade, or whatever grade you're in when you first learn to measure and all you do is measure everything in sight. Argh!

Next up is painting the pantry closet. I've spackled inside and need to do something with the shelves.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bannister is looking fine. Floors are looking awesome too. When I see the place I will never know what it looked like to begin with. I will always think it looked finished. Mala