Wednesday, May 06, 2009

My Grocery Store is Futuristic

Yesterday I went on my maiden voyage to the local grocery store, a brand spankin' new Stop n Shop that recently opened. I arrive and notice there's a Starbucks (one point for the Toccis). I walk in and there's the pictured wall o' scanners.

You basically take some bags, a scanner and bag and scan as you shop. The scanner also alerts you to any sales/ coupons as you shop. If you grabbed the wrong item or change your mind you can delete the item. At the end you go to a cashier scan barcode to end the order and pay.

The deli is also pretty awesome where you plave your order via a computer and they'll page you when it's done "Deli order #5 is ready for pick up at your convenience."

It was great - I want to go there every day.

No comments: