Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Reception Photographer

I realized a little while ago that we need a photographer for our reception. Yes, I know, it took me some time to figure that out, but when I did, I was on a hunt. I didn't want to spend a fortune since it's only the reception but I also didn't want any old photographer, I wanted to make sure I did my best to continue the photo journalistic style that our ceremony pictures will be taken in. So after searching high and low and pricing out about a handful of photographers I came across Rita on Craig's List (Craig's List was Nick's fantastic suggestion).

I'd tell you more about Rita and give her URL, but right now I am being selfish and want to make sure I book her first. (The bridezilla in me is rearing her ugly head.) Rita has some beautiful work on her website and some really fantastic prices which will allow us to take her basic package and add on if we want without breaking the bank.

Nick and I just met with her this Saturday and I love her even more! She is so sweet and personable and I got to see even more of her photography and I can't wait to start working with Rita. The best part is that she includes an engagement sitting in her package so now our problem is to pick where we want to do the engagement sitting. Oh the dilemmas!

3 comments:

Greg said...

Selena and I have tried now four times to get engagement shots done (by friends or family, non-professional) and none of them have worked out. That's a great additional perk.

Greg said...

Where is the photographer? Is she local and coming to Hawaii with you, or is this just for the Chinese banquet?

jennypah said...

She's just for the Chinese reception - kinda wish we found her sooner and could take her to Hawaii. But alas we have two photographers. If you'd like I can put you in touch with her ... I'll send you private email.