Friday, April 16, 2010

Bedding Dilemma Slightly Resolved

In a previous post I presented a few options for our green bedroom's bedding. None of them worked out. The Liberty of London Paisley set from Target that I thought would work never shipped and I happened upon it in the store and it was kinda pretty ugly up close. So I continued my search.

Last weekend I came across this quilt set at Homegoods and while my friend and I decided it looked decent...
It looked charming maybe even a little country-ish and girly. Hubby was okay with it. Then my friend told me her husband said it look liked an old lady's room. Well that made up my mind, I wasn't go for the "old lady" look. I found bedding I had previously swooned over at Target, the Dwell Studio Casablanca, and threw it on the bed next to the "old lady" stuff to get a good comparison.
What a difference! I absolutely love how much of the blue is in the Dwell Studio bedding and how the green is more of an accent. The other quilt was just too busy and it definitely wasn't stepping up to the plate against the bold green color of the room. Now for the full effect....
Much better! Now my dilemma is I only have one pillow case. I apparently purchase the LAST ONE in all of Target across the country and online (I know this because I emailed them to search their inventory). So my plan now (since I am committed to this bedding) is to order another quilt and make my own damn pillows. They'll be a little bit different than the one that's on the bed (which I am keeping) but will match. Now that the bedding is chosen I can work on curtain rods (I've got the curtains) and decor.

No comments: