Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Have No Luck with BlackBerry Devices

My first BlackBerry was a Storm (the full screen touch one) and I thought I was so cool. My brother gave it to me and I used the shit out of that thing. I loved having internet on a phone that wouldn't make websites all messed up, I used it as an MP3 player, emailed at all times and not to mention my love for BlackBerry Messenger. Then I dropped it not once, but kinda a lot. One day I dropped it and the screen was BLACK and stayed black. I couldn't see to call home or tell if it was even on. I was on my way to try and get it fixed or replaced and I dropped it to show my friend that it would blip a little when smacked around (no more harm could be done) and the darn screen started working again. For a few weeks the screen would periodically black out again but nothing so bad that a few smacks couldn't fix. Then one day it went black for a long time and it was the last straw so my favorite hubby (and my only one) paid to upgrade my phone to a Storm 2 (I was due for a new every two). I dropped the new phone once or twice but always on the carpet and chalked it up to my usual clumsiness.

Yesterday I did a number on my phone. We were at Lowe's picking up a few things for the house and we're standing in the garden center and while I was trying to put my phone in my purse my husband sees something and I follow him. This has nothing to do with hand eye coordination because there was no eye. Just bad hand coordination because when I turn to follow him I messed up the path from my hand-with-phone into my purse and CRASH. Phone falls face flat (as it always does) the force sends the back cover flying off and the battery pops out. I think no biggie this has happened and I'll just pop the battery back in and the cover on and then just have to endure the rebooting process. Nope... I flip the phone over and I am greeted with the below image...

Thankfully it still works but the danger is the shards of glass that keep falling out. So I've been using my phone at a minimum and actually have it in a little zippy bag it can be fixed. Thank goodness my brother is a BlackBerry guru and can help me out. Oh and I am now buying a case for the phone.

1 comment:

Roselawn said...

The Blackberry looks terrible, but the rooms in your house look great! Seems like you are having fun decorating! You'll have to come help me once we move to the loft above the store... that is, if Roselawn ever sells!