Friday, August 28, 2009

Zebras are Black and White!

I have been searching the high heavens for an 8 x 11 zebra print rug that isn't too cheap feeling but is reasonably priced for a non-wool rug or I could throw in a few extra bucks a for a wool one. I looked in stores and online and have determined that area rug designers have never seen a zebra, let alone a photograph of one. It's not hard! There's a channel on television called, National Geographic!

Just to refresh our memories... these are zebras. Beautiful creatures and conveniently their coat markings will be the funky in my shabby chic office decorating.
Now for the reason behind my rambling...
Here are some things I've come across...

The design is close, somewhat a respectable effort. But what's with the brown and cream? Zebras are black and white!!! (Refer back to the first picture, if you're not sure). Then we've got this baby. Don't even call that zebra! It's got black but what's with the cream and the psychadelic design?

This one is a bit more like it and from a different "angle" of the zebra, not necessarily an aerial view. I almost pulled the trigger on buying this the other night from Overstock but wasn't trigger ready and they're now out of stock.


Wish me luck cause I want my furniture! I have a gorgeous desk from Pottery Barn waiting in the garage (since May) for this office/craft room of mine to be finished. Looks like it'll be a bit longer...

2 comments:

lotsofglue said...

Love the one in the middle!!! I would give that as my " oh really, please don't buy me anything again" gift.
Good luck with the redo, I am in the same but it is keeping my toddler from painting on my drying walls.

Roselawn said...

I can't believe Joan didn't have one packed in all of the stuff she sent down here! I wonder if she has anything left in her house!! The problem is all of her stuff is so nice that I want to buy everything! Good luck with the zebra rug!