Thursday, March 05, 2009

Snail Mail is Making a Comeback!

This is the second time in the last few weeks that I have decided to stick it to someone because they are charging a credit card convenience fee. I stick it to them by sending payment back via snail mail.

The first was a couple weeks ago when I got a parking ticket for missing a meter ($28 mistake). The lovely town of Where-we-live wanted $1.00 and I figured it was cheaper to put a stamp on the envelope, write out the envelope and let them wait a couple of days to get their payment (I even mailed it from Manhattan).

Today I go to renew my car's registration and BAM there's a $2.00 convenience fee. I dig through the paper recycling bin in hopes that the yellow motor vehicle envelope is still there. It was and not only will I save the $2 convenience fee, but they can go pay someone $12.00 an hour to open my envelope, sort my check and someone else to deposit it.

I get that it's a recession but why do the consumers keep getting stuck with the final bill?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

stick it to em'!