Saturday, March 07, 2009

Going to Whole Foods is Not Green

Last weekend at Whole Foods we found a hummus I really liked, Heavenly Hummus. I like it because there isn't too much lemon and there's just enough garlic flavor so it's not so bland. I polished most of the container off within days and was craving it again so I headed out to get more. I stopped at Trader Joe's to make an exchange and then off to Whole Foods for a quick hummus stop.

It started with the line on River Road in Edgewater to just turn into the Whole Foods parking lot. Then a bunch of stupid stupid (the second stupid was for emphasis) drivers in expensive cars. Which begs the question, "Why can't people with expensive cars ever drive properly?" It makes no sense at all because they obviously are smart enough to get the money to afford these BMWs, Mercedes, Range Rovers, etc.

I digress. Me and several other cars circle the parking lot stalking people for a spot. I must have driven around for a good ten minutes before I got a parking spot. What is the point of Whole Foods being green if you destroy the environment further because their parking lot isn't big enough? They also ran out of the hummus so after all that I had to buy some other brand. I went with another brand but it's way too lemony but thank goodness for my favorite condiment, garlic salt. Added some of that magic stuff to a serving of hummus and voila, it's fixed!

No comments: