Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Bank of America Sucks Big Time


I worked for Bank of America for five years (4 years at predecessor banks) and was a loyal former employee - until now. For the most part I prefer to deal with technology when banking (ATMs, online banking, etc.) I do not need a person to do my banking. Today Bank of America is making me call someone.

B of A was offering a Transit Rebate program from November 2008 to the end of January 2009. I signed up and basically would get $40 back ($10 for every $100 spent). I read the program fine print and determined I had to put my monthly ferry charges on my debit card. No problem there. I buy my ferry tickets for February on January 30 and of course I have a problem. I don't use my debit card to purchase my ferry so B of A flagged it as suspicious. I had to call in and verify the charge. It then delayed its posting to Feb 2 which was out of the program end period. I haven't seen my $40 so I wrote them an email. But they can't handle my request by email and asked that I call.

So today I call. The picture above is of my work phone and the call timer is above 30 minutes. I call, speak to someone and explain my plight. As she's typing away I hear a click and the obligatory hold music/advertisements! WTF! At least I am not completely disconnected I just got kicked back into the queue. Another agent picks up, I go through the whole explanation again and BAM, back in the queue AGAIN! This is probably 10 minutes into the call. So I sit in the queue and give up when it hits 30 minutes. I did write B of A and email indicating I want my issue resolved via email and if they want to speak to me, they will call me.

Hopefully I get my stinkin' $40 otherwise I may have to reconsider moving my funds. I am sure Citibank could use my funds to help out a bit these days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I opened my account and was promised 50 bucks. I never got it after the 90 days. So I called and they didn't help me at all. They kept sending me to another rep then ultimately, voicemail. With no returned calls of course. With all the fees I have shelled out this horrible year, I am sure they have an extra 50 bucks.

Anonymous said...

My wife and I have BOA as our mortage lender...they are the worst. They have lost the same paperwork 4 times. They messed up our autopay. Everytime we have a question we have to ask 4 different people and always get 4 different answers. Noone knows what they are doing there. And they all say " I dont know why they told you that." I cant wait until I can change lenders. They wont even help us with the mortage modification, even though we clearly qualify. They have discconnected us almost evertime they try to transfer us to some one. I am going to start recording every conversation with them moving forward and release them to the media.

Anonymous said...

A friend paid $10.00 more on her mortage than usual... the BOA computer did not recognize this amount and notified her that she was late on her payment when it did ot process on time. They tried to impose a late fee!