Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009 Isn't Looking So Promising

I was watching (along with the millions of other people) Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years '09 with Ryan Seacrest (yeah, that's the whole title) and after midnight the after party comes on. The after party started and one of the first (if not the first) performers was Solange Knowles (Beyonce's baby sister) performing, I Decided, from her latest album, Sol-Angel and The Hadley St. Dreams. The hubby and were rocking out to it and commenting how good the song was until it was Solange's time for a close up... SHE HAS A FREAKING STRIPE OF YELLOW ACROSS HER FACE!

I have NEVER seen anything like this without the accompanying war garb and weapons. She's wearing a perfectly appropriate New Year's outfit and someone decides she needs to kick it up a notch and draws a YELLOW stripe across her face! Did the makeup artist forget that eyeshadow belongs on the eyelids and not on the bridge of one's nose?

If this is a sign of things to come, please ask Mr. Dick Clark to rewind to 2008. It was one heck of year but I don't want yellow stripes across the face to be a new thing for 2009. If I was a betting (wo)man I'd put my money on it showing up on the runways and Rihanna probably rocking it if she hasn't already.

Happy New Year!

No comments: