Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Underground

London has a subway system called the Underground or the Tube. The Underground in it's under ground areas is quite deep. The escalators are so steep I get a bit woozy if I try to look down.

This is a picture taken over my shoulder (follow the lights down) because when I tried to turn around I got quite woozy but had to try and a get picture of it!

My colleagues and I went to Harrods on Thursday and spent about 20GBP on a cab due to traffic. On the way back we tried to save some money by taking the Tube from Knightsbridge to Holborn. Individual tube tickets are 4 GBP (=$6 USD). It took about 10 minutes to go 4 stops to Holborn. Of course upon exiting the Tube you heard over the loudspeaker, "Mind the gap." The slogan is on t-shirts and key chains around London.

No comments: