Saturday, October 03, 2009

More Gifts Unearthed!

Most of you know, I was married over two years ago at this point. I still haven't used or opened quite a few of our shower/wedding gifts so each time I need something there's quite a bit of celebration on my part.

Just this past Wednesday I was able to use TWO gifts received! First my Kitchen Aid hand mixer (thank you Rannie!). I was baking cupcakes for my very good friend and co-worker, Linda. It is her 30th birthday today (Happy Birthday Linda!).


I made her strawberry cupcakes with mini chocolate chips and chocolate frosting. Yum!
It took me a while to figure out how to pipe on frosting after I put it in a bag (I don't like how frosting looks slapped on with a knife). But once I had it, I was golden. The cupcakes are on the second gift I used, the cake plate and dome.

Lastly, after schlepping in over a dozen cupcakes and decorating Linda's desk, we partied! She loved her gifts and the cupcakes. Even shared some cupcakes with my brother and his co-workers.

No comments: