Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I love my husband...

...so I baked him an apple pie, just the way he likes it.

A couple of days before we went to a local corn "maize" and then finished up apple picking with the family.

After eating our fill of apples I decided we need to do something with them. What better than apple pie! I used a combination of my mother-in-law's recipe and something out a mini Betty Crocker (I think) cookbook my mother-in-law gave me for ideas for our Halloween party.

This pie is so much easier than I used to make since I used to make the dough from scratch. Hubby prefers crumbly goodness for his apple pie so we use the good ol' store bought graham cracker crust. Chop up the apples, throw them in the crust and you just have to mix up the filling and make the topping. Bake for 45 minutes on 400 and you're good to. I'd post the recipe but that's all the way downstairs in the kitchen and I'm all the way upstairs in my office... see how lazy I've become in this big house?!

No comments: