Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Best Indian Food

On Friday I went out to lunch with colleagues to Utsav, an Indian restaurant in mid-town. I'd never heard of nor been there but it turned to be the best Indian food I've ever had.

I went for the lunch buffet ($17.95) and the selection of dishes surpassed any other Indian buffet. My favorite was of course the chicken saag (creamy spinach and spices) which was cooked to perfection. The rice and naan we're very well flavored and new to me were chicken salad with a slight Indian flare, but amazingly delicious. An eggplant dish in a slightly spicy tomato based sauce and lastly the mango mousse thing. It seemed more like pudding but had a very vibrant mango flavor. I'm not a fan of the pudding texture but this was not as thick so I was able to get down a couple of spoonfuls before I had enough.

No comments: