Wednesday, February 25, 2009

At the Courthouse

A few weeks back I got a jury summons. I hadn't gotten one since I was in college and at that time I at least had the excuse of being a student that got me out of it.

Now I have nothing. I do have TONS of work I am not doing at my full time job but hey for minimum wage I say screw all my projects that will likely impact my performance review...can you tell I hate this?

I am sitting in the fancy building pictured here in a room that evokes memories of Matlock and it's 70s décor. Oh how I adore wood paneling!

I am already bored so let's see if I can get this wireless connection to benefit in some way.

UPDATE:

I am free!

I was called for two panels, a civil and a criminal case. In the civil case I was never called up as a potential juror and was subsequently sent back the holding room. After lunch I was called for the criminal panel (I think the guy's guilty) and we were asked to answer 31 questions and if you answer "yes" for any of the identified four questions you had to meet with the judge and attorneys. When I met I apparently selected an answer that wasn't impartial and I was immediately dismissed. Thinking I may have a chance for a third panel I was pleasantly surprised when I was dismissed at 3:30 to go home with a little note confirming my day spent at the courthouse.

No comments: