Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Hubby's Tomato Garden

Each year, for quite a few years now, my hubby's been planting tomatoes and basil for summer tomato salads. Each year Nick tries new plants, techniques and whatever else he learns.

I claim no hand in the success of these tomatoes because I am terrible with plants. Nick is the nurturer and takes great care of the tomatoes, basil and house plants. If it can't tell me it needs water - it's in trouble.

These are some of the plants and they've got green baby tomatoes already! I am so psyched because I am newly obsessed with feta cheese and have been imagining a feta and tomato salad. Totally drool worthy.

What have you planted for summer?

3 comments:

katie o. said...

Mmmm, tomatoes! I love growing tomatoes-I stink at growing anything else, but they're so easy to grow here in GA it's hared to go wrong.

I thought of you today, as I came across the coolest (I think) website:

https://www.bagborroworsteal.com

You can "rent a bag, from a huge selection of great designers, by the week or month, whatever. I get tired of my own handbags so quickly-this site is perfect for me. Plus I can get Lulu purses, which are UNHEARD OF here in our little town. Check it out and tell me what you think!

katie o. said...

Geez, another typo! The above comment should read, "...it's hard to go wrong..."

:0(

Greg said...

We had the opportunity to check out these tomato plants firsthand over our long weekend roadtrip, and I admit they are quite impressive.

Even the ones with less sun are far more plentiful than the lone tomato plant we have on our porch right now.

Hopefully our efforts (and by our, I mean Selena's) will prove great results like yours.