Sunday, July 06, 2008

Honey Garlic Ribs ala Jenny

I got sick of having ribs flavored with plain ol' BBQ sauce and ketchup. So I put it upon myself to find a better, more delicious recipe. I came across a recipe online, made it and tweaked it each time I made it. I've made this recipe countless times and the masses LOVE it. Just this past weekend hubby and I did another tweak to the recipe and I think we've outdone ourselves this time.

Here's the recipe...

4 lbs pork spareribs
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
4 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Slice ribs into individual pieces and arrange in glass baking pan. In large bowl combine honey, molasses, soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire, and vinegar. Stir until honey, molasses and sugar are completely dissolved, then stir in the baking soda. Mixture will begin to foam. Pour mixture over ribs in pan. Sprinkle garlic salt over ribs.

Bake for 1 hour, turning every 20 minutes. Let ribs sit for 5-10 minutes and serve.

If you have time...
Save the liquid mixture that's left, separate it from the fat/oil that cooks off the ribs. Toss oil. In a saucepan, simmer and reduce the liquid by half or until it's a thick syrup consistency. Brush glaze on ribs for extra flavor. Serve now or throw those ribs into the broiler to caramelize the glaze.

No comments: