Friday, September 14, 2007

Toccis Land a TKO!

I am usually too exhausted from working and commuting to even think about preparing a meal. I will often eat leftovers that I deem worthy or snack all night and wake up starving. Thank goodness today was a Friday so I was willing to put in more effort than my usual Monday-Thursday nights. The honey and I went to the grocery store and at the store decided to have turkey burgers. We usually go the route of tzatziki burgers which we've simplified to making like tacos. But the honey wanted, hesitantly, to use the George Foreman grill we got as a shower/wedding gift. We went back and forth and finally decided that I would take charge of the grill.

The grill is cooking up those burgers! See the onion on the plate in the foreground? That we threw on first to see what would happen and the honey likes grilled onion on his burger. A win -win.

Now for the knock-out ... threw on the seasoned ground turkey patties for the 8-9 minutes called for by the grill guide. Tick, tock, tick, tock ...

POW! We have gorgeous (love those grill marks!) looking burgers that also tasted delicious! Not dry at all!

So far, at least for turkey burgers, I highly recommend the George Foreman grill. I have yet to try chicken on it and the other different things that my crazy grill can do. The model I have can make burgers, bake, make pancakes, even waffles!

1 comment:

Roselawn said...

You've got the super, super deluxe model! We have the small, simple one but love it just the same! It has actually earned a place sitting on the stove long-term b/c I was tired of getting it out all the time. I've also buttered thick pieces of bread and grilled it to make a sort of texas toast. Stick some meat, veggies, whatever in the middle and, whala... a panini!

Sherry