Friday, August 10, 2007

Handbag Horror

Don't worry there was no destruction of mauling of any kind to a handbag. My issue is rather, materialistic. I want a new handbag (just like every other girl) and can't seem to find the OMG-I-can't-live-without-it bag. There are a gazillion bags out there from every designer out there and I can't find one. I do have a type of bag that I am in search for and it has be an over the shoulder bag but can't be humongous.

A couple weeks back I bought this L.A.M.B. Rowington saddle bag from Gwen Stefani's line. It looked darling on the Nordstrom page in the cheetah (second image) and it was during their Semi-Annual Sale.

I wanted a bag to throw over my should and was trying to avoid a solid color to have something different. The bag arrived, I was excited then disappointed. The bag is huge for a shoulder bag and stiff too. It certainly not have been comfortable for someone 5' 2". So back to Nordy's it went and I've been on a mad hunt ever since.

Most of my bags are satchels and made best for hanging on the forearm. My bags are also huge and can fit a small family thus making it almost painful to carry a bag of such great weight on my forearm. I figured I could get a small bag to throw over my shoulder, keeping my hands free and hopefully my junk at a minimum. So far no luck. The issue isn't really price but rather the designs suck and if it sucks then I just wouldn't pay for it no matter the price.

Thank for letting me have a materialist vent ... I'm sure the hubby just loves it.

No comments: