Saturday, August 18, 2007

Post Wedding Project

I've taken on a pretty time consuming project - wedding albums. I know, you are thinking, "How hard can that be?" Now for what the project entails:

2 Sets of Pictures
  1. Hawaii ceremony pictures
  2. Chinese reception pictures

Hundreds of Pictures to Choose From
  1. Hawaii ceremony - more than 500 images
  2. Chinese reception - more than 600 images

Albums for Family
  1. My family
  2. Hubby's Mom & Stepfather
  3. Hubby's Dad
  4. Hubby's Sister (she was my Maid of Honor and now MY sister!)
  5. My paternal grandparents (they couldn't attend either because they are old and live on the other side of the world - I'm also the oldest grandchild and was an only granddaughter for 10+ years)
  6. My maternal grandparents

That doesn't even include our own wedding album - which will be a later project with more input from the husband. Maybe.

I was going to order the professional pictures from Pictage or Collages but they are just so insanely expensive for the amount of pictures that I need - we'd be broke. So I ordered a handful from Pictage to test their quality - which was very good. I did some research on the prints from the online printing sites and discovered that Kodak offers something called
Kodak Perfect Touch processing, which is none of the other photo printing sites mentioned anything similar. I decided to order a bunch of pictures from Kodak to compare the quality to Pictage. I found only the following items that were of any importance whatsoever and even then other than price it was minimal.

  1. Price - Pictage was about $2 for a 4x6 (we own the rights so it's cheaper) whereas Kodak was about 20 cents per 4x6
  2. Paper - Pictage had hearty photo paper but was negligibly thicker than the Kodak paper
  3. Print - the coloring between Pictage and Kodak was only noticeable when put side-by-side, otherwise you'd swear it was the same thing.

So I saved a ton of money on the prints and I was able to finish 2 albums with the pictures from Hawaii and they were sent off to our mothers. My mom loved it and his mom hasn't gotten it yet because I had to mail it to her home in Georgia.

I searched high and low and discovered that Target is a great place to find photo albums. They have so many online and in the store. The online selection is huge but it's always better to see things in person first. I was very picky about the album pages and prefer the sleeves with black
plastic over the paper backings. I am a spaz and would tear or wrinkle the paper in a heart beat. Target prices are also hard to beat. This is the album I chose for the moms' Hawaii ceremony pictures.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

katie o. said...

Gah! Making up the wedding album is tough-and you have a LOT of albums to do! Best of luck!