Friday, July 06, 2007

I'm officially a Tocci!

My sister-in-law keeps reminding me that it was my choice to join the family. Well...I've officially done it. We finally got our marriage certificate so I took the day off to sit in line at Social Security and New Jersey's Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC). Surprisingly I didn't sit for very long.

My day began at 9:30am at the local Social Security office and to my surprise I was customer B122 (they make you check-in like a deli counter) and they were already helping B117. Not too bad. By the time my turn was within reach the SS office was packed up with customers like a can of sardines. It was finally my turn - quick and totally painless. Victory!

The next stop was the bank (hey, I needed money to pay for the new license). It was about 10:30am at this point and I rolled in there and saw a LINE ... outside of the door ... oh crap! There was apparently some crowd control going on because as I waited outside there were a couple MVC staff creating a queue line of 5 or so people and then sending them in. As I waited in the queue I was asked if I had my 6 points in documentation to get a license. Heck yeah I did. I know this stuff because I just got the new digital license back in September 2006. It took a little longer here and the fees (new name on license and registration) only cost me $16 but it was smooth sailing the entire time. Very important - if you own your car change the registration while you're at the motor vehicles agency!

All in all I think it was a most productive day as I was home by noon! Now I have to figure out where else I need to change my name ... as I type this post I've got the window open for a new passport. There there are credit cards (Visa, MC, Amex, etc.), store cards, library card (didn't even think of that 'til now), bank accounts, IRAs, 401k, websites, loans ... the list grows!

2 comments:

katie o. said...

Jenny,

The party and Chinese wedding were both absolutely wonderful. The whole way home that's all we kept saying..."Wasn't that an amazing wedding?"..."What a fun party!"...

We're so glad you're officially family. Even if you have to change every single piece of identification you could possibly possess to prove it to the state of NJ!

See you in Florida!

jennypah said...

Thanks Katie! It'll take me awhile to remember everything I need to change my name on ... I can't wait to confuse people at work ... little Asian girl with an Italian last name! I love it!