Monday, March 08, 2010

The Census is Wasteful

Don't judge until you read the post!

You probably got one of these in the mail recently...
We were excited to complete the census and knowing it was only ten questions were ready for it. Then we opened the envelope and it was a letter sent to tell use we'd be getting the census in about a week! Just give me the census, why do I need a warning that they spent bulk rate postage on?

I get that they are probably helping to keep the U.S. Postal Service in business and hold on to Saturday deliveries for a little while longer but seriously, what it must cost in paper and postage to send this piece of paper. I understand the ad campaigns and the outreach programs to communities who would be "afraid" to take the census and the follow-up physical visits... I just don't get this.
 
 

No comments: