Sunday, December 06, 2009

Pins as a Political Statement

I saw this book, Read My Pins, on Amazon as an upcoming release and ever since then, have been fascinated with the idea of pins being a "message" in politics.

Now that the book has been released, I took a quick browse through the book on Amazon and I am further intrigued by Ms. Albright's approach. I may have to get myself over to Barnes and Nobles to take a peek at the gorgeous pins featured in the book up close and the kind of influence they've had on shaping world history.

I have a pin collection but felt they were a bit fuddy duddy to wear and were reserved for the likes of my mother. But now that I think about it, growing up my mother wore pins and I am now the age she was when she wore pins (she still does and has a magnificent collection).

No comments: