Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve

At first we didn't have any plans for Christmas Eve but that changed when my best friend and her family called and invited us to their house. Then a couple hours later they asked if we could do dinner at our house, but they'd cook, because they felt their house was boring. Well... okay.

I love using our dining room and as I kept thinking about using the dining room I realized I didn't have a proper tablecloth, napkins or much of anything to host Christmas Eve dinner. I freaked out the night before and planned a trip to Macy's first thing in the morning on Christmas Eve. I went out early enough so that the mall wasn't yet packed (on the way home I saw that I totally dodged a bullet because Route 1 was a parking lot with last minute shoppers).

Everything  worked out beautifully - I got to use the gorgeous dishes from my mother-in-law (shout out to Joan!), the cheap-o but fabulous cloth napkins with our last initial from Christmas Tree Shops and my replica amber ware pitcher from Pier 1 and the recently acquired tablecloth.

Let me present to you our Christmas Eve dinner table...


And setting...

And our delicious main course, salmon ala amazing (amazing means I have no idea what it's called but you can't go wrong with grape tomatoes, olive oil, leek, olives, and goodness).


No comments: