Sunday, December 20, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree...


We started our day decorating the house and then followed up with the tree farm. Rows and rows of trees to choose from. Most were too little but some way to round (like a pear for my taste - it's a tree not a pear!). We searched high and low and were discouraged over and over again. We walked without the wagon and saw, we went back to get the wagon and saw ... until finally... we decided to get it over with and go with the best that we could find (because we didn't really want to go anywhere else and Nick was insisting we lumberjack it and cut our own tree).  I was the supervisor on this gig so I watched and hollered about getting sap on me and made comments about how he had mud on his knees... lumberjacks have a filthy filthy job.

But after all the hooting and hollering (mostly on my side) we got the tree in the house, void of excess nature=y things like spiders, the stump re-cut fresh and nice and decorated.


My vintage-y tree picture... my phone's camera made me do it but I think it came out very nice with the colors and the washed out finish. And to think, noPhotoshop. Happy Holidays!

No comments: