Thursday, November 26, 2009

Who doesn't love bacon?

I had these for the first time at a friend's birthday party and OMG was I hooked! Since then I have made them twice! First at our Halloween party and today for Turkey Day appetizers.

They're called bacon roll-ups and have to be the easiest thing to make ever! All you need is bacon, white bread and cream cheese (and toothpicks, wooden, uncolored). I would say a pack of bacon to a pack of bread and one pack of cream cheese is more than enough.

Begin by cutting the crust off the bread (trust me I tried not to and it's a bit tough since crust doesn't bend so well). then quarter the white part of the bread. If the bacon is the bacon you are used to, big long strips, cut them in thirds. Then spread a dollop of cream cheese in the middle of each quartered piece of bread. Roll the bacon around the bread and fasten with a toothpick. Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes. Be careful bacon and cream cheese are hot! Enjoy!

No comments: